I've also accepted an offer to become a part time chaplain at one of the larger employers in the Oxford area. One of the factories has about 7 part-time chaplains and I've just been hired to join that team. This is a God-given opportunity that fits right in my wheelhouse as it related to gifting! I cannot wait to see how God uses this opportunity to build trust and build relationships. I'm already praying for the people who work there that they might be open to hearing the gospel. I wasn't looking for this opportunity, but a friend of my asked me about it. There's still training to be done before I'm in the factory, but I'm pretty excited.
We're so grateful for those of you who keep up with us and pray for us! Here are some ways you can pray:
- Pray that I keep everything as balanced as possible in my schedule.
- Pray for students as the Lighthouse and be open to conversation.
- Pray the same thing for employees of the factory.
- Pray for no rain for First Friday. The forecast isn't looking promising at all!
- Pray for other people to say yes to joining a missional community.
- We're praying that God might add a few partners to this work for 2018. We had some one time gifts that we're praying God is able to replace through additional partnerships. If you or your church might be interested in partnering with us, reach out to me!